Open Office Positions
Medical Assistant needed for busy Podiatry practice in Novato.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 year back office medical experience or equivalent with clinical internship rotation. Attention to detail, accuracy, and excellent customer service skills are a must. Reliability and attendance are of the upmost importance. This position is primarily back office, but candidate will cross train with the front office and be proficient in both front and back office duties.
Medical Assistant responsibilities include:
– Assist Patients and Physicians
– Room patients and take vitals, review medications, allergies, and health problems
– Accurately complete data entry into EMR
– Track results of labs, MRI, CT, and other diagnostic tests
– Maintain efficient and sterilized room set-up, transition, and turnover
– Educate patients on pre-operative and post-operative care instructions
– Fit and dispense DME to patients
– Stock treatment rooms on an ongoing basis
– Operate autoclave to sterilize instruments
– Prepping encounters for next patient day
– Scanning records into EMR
Front Office responsibilities:
– Answering phones
– Scheduling appointments and surgery
– Checking in patients in EMR system
– Verifying demographics and insurance
– Checking insurance benefits and obtaining authorizations
This position will be 3 days a week to start. Likely workdays to start will be Monday, Wednesday, and Friday during training. Work hours are 8:45 am – 5:30 pm. (Wednesdays often until 6 pm). There is the possibility of extra hours to fill vacations/time off of co-workers. This job also has the potential to become full time by the end of the year. Our office is open to patients Monday- Friday and on rare occasions we open on a Saturday morning.
We offer the following benefits:
Paid Holidays – New Years, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day
Paid Vacation (accrual)
Paid Sick Time (CA law + accrual)
401K with employer partial match
Go to application
Applicant will have minimum of high school diploma or GED. Applicant will have completed relevant course work in an accredited MA program or have equivalent work experience. References are required.
Serious job seekers please email resume, references and any relevant certificates, degree’s or diploma’s to: email@example.com